What’s your favorite scary movie?
It’s that time of the year again. HALLOWEEN! It’s one of my favorite times of the year—the colors, the haunted attractions, the endless marathons of scary movies. I love it. To honor this momentous holiday, I’m counting down my TOP 5 favorite scary movies. But before I do that, I have to admit it was hard to narrow it down to 5. My husband and I are horror movie junkies. So I have a list of honorable mentions that didn’t make the list: Poltergeist, Jaws, The Ring, The Shining, Carrie, and Silence of the Lambs.
5. When a Stranger Calls: “Have you checked the children?” This is one of the scariest lines EVAH! Why? As a mother, it’s terrifying to think that somebody has gotten to your kids right before your nose. And the voice was scary. I even liked the remake.
4. Friday the 13th: This is a classic. And it had the big twist that the mother was the killer. It also had to scariest ending EVAH: Jason jumping out of the lake and pulling the girl down with him.
3. The Omen: The music alone is spooky. Then you have random people throwing themselves in harm’s way for a little boy. Not to mention, Damien is satan’s spawn. Enough said.
2. Nightmare on Elm Street: So, as a kid I watched this movie for the first time and I was never the same. The song, “1, 2, Freddie’s coming for you” is creepy and downright evil.
1. Halloween (1978): Michael Myers is the ultimate homicidal maniac. He’s scary and it could actually be a real person. Both Freddie and Jason were dead, but Michael was a real guy in the first movie who flipped the script. He always seemed to be lurking in the shadows waiting to pounce. It doesn’t matter how old I get, I still get scared when I watch the movie.
What is your favorite scary movie?