Thursday, May 23, 2013

A to Z Song Challenge: S is for Summer.....


I'm cheating.  "S" was way too hard for me.  I actually felt like pulling my hair out.  There were so many songs, so many ways to go for this one.  Send For Me by Atlantic Star, Strawberry Letter 23 by The Brothers Johnson (my fav Spring song), Soft by Boney James (beautiful song), Say It by Ne-Yo (that song is a whole post for another day because, as a romance writer, it has inspiration all over it), Searching by Roy Ayers (another classic), September by Earth, Wind, and Fire (fun song), Seven Whole Days by Toni Braxton (she's awesome), Since I Seen't You  by Anthony Hamilton (he's awesome), Smells Like Teen Spirit by Nirvana (perfect head banging song), Spaceships on Bankhead by Young Jeezy (Geeked Up), I could go on and on. 

Actually, there is one song that deserves a separate mention because of it's significance.  Stairway to Heaven by Led Zeppelin.  When I first started going with my hubby, he serenaded me with this song on his guitar.  I knew then I had something special with him.  And that song will always remind me of him.

But it didn't win.  In fact, in the end, I just couldn't narrow it down.  So.... 




is for Summer...








Summer Madness by Kool and the Gang. 

 Summertime by DJ Jazzy Jeff & The Fresh Prince
 
And... Summertime by Ella Fitzgerald & Louis Armstrong from the Porgy and Bess Soundtrack
 

 
And there you have it...  Hope you enjoy!

4 comments: